Friday, June 15
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm: Sunderland Elementary School is very excited to participate in our town's 300th celebration! There will be a school wide performance, with each grade level preforming a skit that focuses on a different time period in the towns history.
There will be food available for purchase to support local school fundraisers.
6:30 pm: Happy Birthday Decorating Contest will be judged, followed by singing Happy Birthday to Sunderland and enjoying some of the tasty cakes!
7:00 pm: Contra dancing will round out the night for the entire community. There will be a live musical group that will include a caller, pianist, fiddler, and cellist.
***All events will take place behind the town hall. Parking will be available in the fields behind the town hall. Please look out for signs for parking and watch out for pedestrians as you are parking/driving on the site.
Saturday, June 16
8:30 am: Market begins. ***Most vendors will be at the site all day long, with some exceptions.
- Vendors: Apocalyptic Apothecary, Art Bug Illustrations, Burnt Sugar Designs, Casey Williams, D&D Custom Solutions, Howling Tree Hill Homestead, Jollie Well Away's Sugar House, Julia Fogg, Kitchen Garden Farm, Small Salt Studio, Sunderland Souvenirs, Western Mass Natural Health and Wellness, and Zap Dazzle Studio.
- Information Booths: PV Squared, Polish Genealogy Society of Massachusetts, Sunderland Information Booth, and 4H.
The Women's Club will also have breakfast foods available for purchase.
Rao's Coffee will be available for purchase throughout the day.
9:00 am: Live music begins by the Squash Blossom Band
10:00 am - 12:00 pm: Family Fun:
- Races: 3 legged race, wheelbarrow race, sack race, and potato spoon race.
- Other: horse drawn wagon rides, and a sheep herding demonstration.
10:15 am: Live music from Sugarloaf String Band
11:30 am: Mountain View Dance School Demonstration
12:00 pm: Western Mass Martial Arts School Demonstration
1:00 pm: PARADE!!!
***There will be road closures on Rt 47 and Rt 116 as the parade approaches from 1:00 - 3:00 pm. Please arrive with plenty of time to find parking. There will be no parking along the parade route. Public Parking will be marked throughout the town. Please park with respect to the neighborhood, ensuring you do not block any sidewalks, or driveways.
The parade begins at the Sunderland Elementary School on Old Amherst Road, will continue onto Rt 47, crossing Rt 116, and continuing until it's ending point at North Silver Lane.
There will be port-o-lets along the parade route.
3:00 pm: Festival Activities continue
- Market continues
- Kid's Activities:
- Bounce House
- Carnival Games
- Magic Show
- Balloon Sculpting
- Face Painting
- Hot Air Balloon rides
- Food Vendors: All Things Maple, Bernats Polish Deli, Bubs BBQ, Flayvors of Cook Farm, Bridge Side Grill, Smiarowski's Farm Stand, Spuds with Love, UMASS Truck- Baby Berk, and Goten of Japan.
- Beer and Wine Garden ***Must have ID to enter****: Berkshire Brewing Company Inc., Hitchcock Brewing Company, and Amherst Brewing Company.
3:15 pm: Live music from Parkour Jazz Project AKA Co-op Jazz
4:30 pm: Live music from Dez Roy
4:45 pm: Live Music from Banish Misfortune
7:00 pm: Live Music from John Waynelovich
8:15 pm: Live Music from T.J. and the Peepers
9:30 pm: FIREWORKS Display!!
Sunday, June 17
Fire Department Activities
10:00 am- 5:00 pm: Fire Trucks and Equipment will be on display.
- Kids Games:
- Kid's Firefighter Challenge
- Bean Bag Toss
- Hose Target Practice
- Fire Prevention Activities
10:30 am - 3:00 pm: Demonstrations:
- Fire Truck Pump Operations Overview
- Hose Stream Barrel Contest
- Bunker Gear and Airpack Demonstration
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm: Free BBQ:
- Burgers and Hot Dogs, Ice Tea and Lemonade.
1:00 pm- 5:00 pm: Dennis Polisk and His Maestros Band Sponsored by the South Deerfield Polish Club.